Monday 28 May 2012

Here it goes!

Hello and welcome to my blog! I have decided to do this having been inspired by two close friends who have been competing in triathlons for a while now, one of whom has his very own blog www.marts2smooth.co.uk.

Up until a couple of years ago I was in pretty good shape; using the gym or running every day, playing a good standard of rugby and hitting level 14 on the beep test. Then in April 2009 I dislocated my knee in a Rugby match. I rushed my recovery and made things worse. My knee is still a bit shaky and my last game of Rugby was in September 2010. A busy career and young son has seen time fly by whilst my fitness levels have plummeted. I last used a gym over a year ago, I’ve lost weight and my muscle mass has decreased.

In one months time I turn 30 and have decided now is the time to act. I am going to get back to the levels of fitness I had a few years ago, and who knows, maybe exceed them. To do this I have set three goals:

  1. Get a six pack
  2. Compete in the 2013 Crediton Crunch (10k running race, usually in May)
  3. Compete in the 2013 Bideford Triathlon (usually in July)

I have never run more than 4 or 5 miles in one go and have never competed in a triathlon. I don’t own a road bike. I swim like an old lady. Oh, and as the photo below shows; I am some considerable way off having a “men’s fitness” torso!!

This blog is going to be an honest and open account of my journey from slightly flabby and out of shape 29 year old into a toned, 30 year old triathlete – I hope you enjoy it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment