Thursday 31 May 2012

Brrrrrrrr

Really pleased with myself today as I did my second run of the week last night, repeating the same 5k route from my first and shaved three minutes off the time.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/132081065

I'm realistic enough to know that there will be days when I run slower, but on this occasion I used my frustrations for giving up on some hills on the bike to push myself harder. I'm still getting a stitch within the first 1k and my legs feel like lead by 2.5k but hopefully that will get better in time! My mate uses compression skins on his legs and swears by them; anyone know which the best ones are?

When I got back I decided to try a DIY ice bath so filled the tub with cold water and got in.....Brrrrr. Once I'd finished giggling like a little girl I relaxed into it. The legs did not feel so bad this morning so maybe it worked?

Anyway, busy couple of days coming up with nights out and jubilee BBQ's and it'd be really easy to let this slip. I've really enjoyed the first couple of days though so I have every intention of keeping to my diet and training. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment