Monday 2 July 2012

Bye-bye Juneathon, Hello next chapter!

So June has gone and with it Juneathon. This was recommended to me by my friend Martyn and has been an excellent way to get me running. I have had to build in a couple of rest days and weights days to give my legs some rest, but on average I have run every other day of June. This has seen me clock up nearly 109km and burn over 9,000 calories. I finished the month with the following week:

Mon: Rest
Tues: 7.38km http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/143656933
Weds/Thur: Rest
Fri: 7.49km http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/145255629
Sat: 5.08km http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/145423611
Sun: Rest

Today marks the start of my new training schedule as I spend the next 16 weeks working toward my first half marathon. The first run on the schedule is a 5km tomorrow; which fits in perfectly with the Exe 5k race I am running. What a great way to mark the end of the first chapter and beginning of the next! The thought of testing myself over 13.2 miles is made even more exciting by the fact that (thanks to some very generous friends and birthday presents) I have a new Nike+ sport band and trainers. Sadly, the trainers had to be bought online as the store didn't do much in giant size (I am a 13) so I have to wait for them. I will have some great new Karrimor kit to wear at tomorrows race though thanks to @marts2smooth

Time to go and start dreaming about breaking the 25 minute mark at tomorrow's run; I will leave you with my totals for the week:

Distance: 19.95km
Calories burned: 1872
Weight: 194lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment