Tuesday 26 June 2012

Rest days are boring!

This week has been really hard! The soreness in the top of my right leg from last Sunday has really held me back; I've only run half the amount I have wanted to and when I have run it has hurt.... a lot :( Luckily one of my friends is a sports physio (www.vickisportsmassage.co.uk) and has given me some tips to keep me going until I see her at the weekend. I have had a number of people tell me I need to slow down anyway and the injury has forced me to take rest days, so this week has looked as follows:

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: Rest/Cry
Friday: 6.01 km  http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/141981233
Saturday: 9.12 km http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/142352969
Sunday and Monday: Rest/Sulk
Tuesday: 7.38 km http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/143656933

It is safe to say now that I have definitely got the running bug. I've been itching to get out after my rest days and genuinly look forward to each run.

I've also been giving some thought to my goals. I need to have some shorter term goals to keep me focussed and feeling as if I'm achieving something. So, I have decided that as well as the Exeter 5k series (one week to go!) I will be doing a half marathon on the 21st of October. The best thing about this is that I have found a 16 week training plan to get me ready for the race. This will give me some real focus and keep me going when the weather starts getting colder! The first 5 weeks look like this (distances in miles):


Mon                Tue                 Wed               Thu                 Fri        Sat                 Sun
Wk 1   off                                         off                  3                     off         4                    3

Wk 2   off                     3                     off                  3                     off                            3

Wk 3   off                     4                     off                  4                     off         6                    3

Wk 4   off                                         off                  4                     off         6                    3

Wk 5   off                     5                     off                  5                     off         7                    3

Well, one week of Juneathon left so it's time to kick on and then start training for the big one

Finally, totals for this week:
Distance: 22.5km
Calories Burned: 2,134
Weight: 195 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment