Saturday 2 June 2012

Saints and Sinners

Well the last two days have been a real mix of good and bad. I have signed up to http://www.juneathon.com/ which looks like a great way to get me started - the plan is that you run (or do some other exercise) every day of June. I then blog about it and link in with their twitter. Two days in and I'm doing ok.....

Friday morning (June 1st) I got up at 0545 and went out for a run before work. I did a hilly 4.96k around the village and it was bloody hard work! I felt really sluggish for the first half of the run but I started the run within minutes of pulling myself out of bed. I certainly feel better running later in the day and my time reflected that :(

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/132758015

Friday night was not a good moment for my diet. I had arranged for a night out with some friends (all of whom run and tri so I got some great tips!). All week I've been telling myself I'd drink Gin and Slim or Vodka and Diet Lemonade but when it came to the crunch my will power buckled and I was on the Cider. Bad Ryan. I did however refuse the crisps at the bar and waited outside the kebab shop when the boys went in - huge calories succesfully avoided!!

Felt dreadful this morning but have got back on the diet - stayed away from the usual junk food hangover cure and instead filled up on water, fruit juice and fruit. No run today as I was playing cricket for the mighty Newton St Cyres. As per usual our batting performance let us down and we were skittled for 72. I was given out on an appalling LBW decision for a big fat 0. However, an awesome team performance in the field (including a catch for me) meant that we very nearly defended the score. Cullompton got there in the end but lost 8 wickets. Gutted as always to lose but felt good about an active couple of hours in the field and a really good team attitude.

BBQ tomorrow for my sister in law's birthday, I've volunteered for driving duties so can be alcohol free and will fit in a run at some point




No comments:

Post a Comment