Monday 18 June 2012

Running, Running, Running

Wow, am I sore!!! After four days without a run I was itching to make the most of my time this weekend. I ran Friday (7.94km), Saturday (5km) and Sunday (7.46km). I had planned to really push myself on Sunday and break the 10km mark but I started getting a pain in my right leg at about 3.5km. This pain very quickly spread up my leg and into my right buttock. Before long I was at a point where every time my right leg hit the ground I had a shoting pain that went from my calf and travelled up into my arse. I was not a happy runner at all and called it in early. The competitive side of me was annoyed but when I look at where I was 3 weeks ago I guess I should be happy with three consecutive runs and a cumulative distance of over 20km. I was especially pleased with the time for my 5km on Saturday - 26:43 - which was 5 mins 37 quicker than my first run three weeks ago!

Friday: http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/139038561

Saturday: http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/139286103

Sunday: http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/139700425

I'm definitely starting to see the difference that the running and healthy eating is making to my body. I look thinner in the face and the belly has visibly shrunk. I've been doing a few sit ups every night too. The six pack is still a long way away though!

I'm going to rest up for a couple of days now but go for a big one on Wednesday. One of my running friends is taking me out for a 10km Wednesday night; it will be the longest I have run before and the first time that I have run with a partner. I know I've come a long way already though as I'm actually looking forward to it!

So, totals for this week:
Distance: 34.6km
Calories Burned: 2,488
Weight: Not sure!! My scales are playing up and can't make their mind up; I've either lost six pounds or gained two! Grrrrr

Thanks for reading, please follow me on Twitter - @phoenixdoyley

No comments:

Post a Comment