Monday 11 June 2012

Two weeks in...

Well I'm now two weeks in to my training and so far so good. I spent some time thinking about what I needed to do and buy to be tri-ready and it was a bit overwhelming to be honest, so I've decided to take things a step at a time and not think to far ahead. Two weeks ago I was completely out of shap and hadn't done ANY exercise for ages. Since I have started this blog I have completed 8 runs in 14 days and I am really feeling the benefit.

On Friday we had a pretty hectic day so I squeezed in the dumbell cardio workout. To my surprise I actually missed running so was looking forward to having a bit of time to run on Saturday. We spent the weekend staying at my parents house in another part of Devon. I've never been running around their area before and wasn't too sure where to go but I found what looked like a reasonable route on the map and set off. It came in at 4km which was a bit less than I had planed but it did include a bit of surprise cross country (I ran out of road so had to use a bridlepath for a while) and then the MOTHER of hill climbs. When I run near home I know how the hills go so can talk myself up them; this however just kept going!!

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/136189453

Saturday also brought my first mention on Twitter; so thanks to Run Rabbit Apparel http://runrabbitappare1.bigcartel.com/ for that!!

When we got home on Sunday I decided to go for a big run (well big for me anyway!) and took the route that I cycled on day two. This came in at 8.8km and I was really happy with my 51:37. I definitely hit a wall at about 7km but pushed through it and was absolutely buzzing for the rest of the day

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/136593765

I felt a bit sore this morning so pushed my son around in his buggy for a brisk 6k walk. Still got a sweat on so felt like I did something useful. I working nights all week and daddy daycare during the days so will have to be a bit creative for the next few days - maybe some more bike rides with the worlds heaviest toddler!

Anyway, time to go; this week I have covered 33.67km, burned 2,464 calories and dropped to 198.6lbs (another 3.5 lost this week)

No comments:

Post a Comment