Thursday 7 June 2012

Where's the sunshine gone??

Wow, three days have passed since I last blogged - the joys of being back at work!

So week two of my training has been going pretty well so far but I am finding it a challenge fitting in training on a work day, I have managed it but it means getting up early!

On Tuesday I had an evening run as it rained solidly all day. I was a bit miffed initially as the battery on my ipod had died so I had to run without music for the first time. I friend of mine told me the other night that he always runs without music as he likes to listen to his body, so I gave it a go. I started breathing in time with my steps and quickly settled into a rhythm. I actually felt really good and the rhythm helped me get up and keep a good pace. It paid off as I ran my fastest time so far; 5.04k in 27:54. I guess I need to get used to being without the ipod anyway as I won't be able to wear one when I am eventually competing.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/134643461

I started work at 7am on Wednesday so got up at 0515 and did the cardio dumbell workout that I had tried for the first time on Monday. Definitely pleased with that little routine and will be doing that every other day for this month at least. After a really busy day in the office I played a game of twenty20 cricket. Sadly it didn't go very well at all and I'm getting really fed up with losing!!

This morning I was due at work for 7am again so literally dragged myself out of bed at 5am, pulled on my trainers (which have never had so much wear!) and set off on my route. Much slower than Tuesday night but still under 30 mins. Morning running is hard, my limbs feel half asleep but I kept pushing today and was pleased to stay under half hour. That is definitely the short term goal, to continue to run below the 30 minute mark

http://www.mapmyrun.com/workout/135357883

Well, we were meant to be camping this weekend but the weather has cancelled that for us. Maybe I'll do a longer run to cheer myself up....

No comments:

Post a Comment